The LRC has computer workstations available for student, staff and faculty use on first of the LRC. NOTE: The LRC computers are available for research. We also have a Bibliographic Instruction Lab/Faculty Reserve Lab which is available for classes. Microsoft Office is on all computers located on the first floor. The Student Success Center, located on the first floor of the LRC building has a student computer lab with word processing available.
LRC Computer Use Policy
- Computer workstations are provided for academic use by the current students, staff and faculty of Odessa College in accordance with college policy. (OC policies) (See #10 below for Community Users).
- Computer usage is primarily intended for research and coursework. Students using computers for non-class related activities will be required to relinquish their workstation when students with class related assignments are waiting.
- OC affiliated users are limited to 60 minutes.
- Chat rooms, game playing, or using these workstations for personal gain or political lobbying is prohibited.
- Users must respect the copyright status of the information found online. The copyright law of the United States governs the making of reproductions of copyrighted materials. “Title 17 U.S. Code” is available at the Circulation Desk. The person using this equipment is liable for any infringement.
- Resources available on the Internet may be potentially offensive. Users must respect the rights of others. Displaying images, sounds, or messages that create an atmosphere of discomfort or harassment for others is prohibited.
- Technical difficulties will occur. The college is not responsible for any information that may be lost, damaged, or unavailable due to technical or other difficulties.
- A copy of the complete campus computer use policy is available at the Circulation Desk.
- The library reserves the right to limit the type and quantity of student printing.
- Community Computer Users are welcome, but must follow these guidelines:
- Community Users must register at the Circulation Desk with positive ID.
- If under the age of 16, the user must be in constant, direct supervision by a legal parent or guardian.
- Only one Community User at a time.
- Limited to 30 minutes.
- Print-out charge: 10 cents per page; payable at Circulation Desk.
Student E-Mail Accounts
E-mail accounts are automatically setup for Odessa College Students. See here.