OC Foundation Board of Directors

boardroom-sub.jpg

The Odessa College Foundation Board of Directors represents businesses, industries and individuals throughout the Odessa community. Members of the board are engaged in meaningful work throughout the year with the sole purpose of providing financial support to Odessa College students, programs and projects.

Mara Barham

Mara Barham

2018 Foundation Board President

It is my distinct honor and privilege to serve as President of the Odessa College Foundation Board. Each year the OC Foundation Board of Directors spearheads the Student Success Scholarship Campaign.   I am in awe at our community’s continued support. The 2017 Student Success Scholarship Campaign was our best yet raising over $370,000! These funds support students with scholarships who otherwise might not be able to further their education. Odessa College continues to be one of the best investments in our community. Your donations and tax dollars have combined to create the most beautiful campus we have ever had, with the most students we have ever had enrolled, and the best success numbers we have experienced!

Whether measured in terms of enrollment numbers, graduation rates, scholarship assistance, extracurricular activities, etc. all efforts at Odessa College, in all endeavors, have one single leading goal – student success! I ask you to join me and the Foundation Board of Directors in supporting Odessa College. Whether it is through academics, athletics, vocational training or continuing education programs, OC is truly an outstanding college of which our community should be extremely proud!

I would also like to offer my sincere congratulations, both personally and on behalf of the Foundation Board of Directors, to the entire staff of Odessa College, on the continued national recognition of our outstanding college! As the recipient of the Aspen Institute’s 2017 Rising Star Award, Odessa College has been recognized as one of the top five community colleges in the United States! Odessa College is also the recipient of the 2017 Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board’s Star Award, the Achieving the Dream Leah Meyer Austin Award, and Dr. William’s personal recognition as Odessa’s Citizen of the Year. Dr. Williams and his staff have done an incredible job transforming Odessa College into the best community college in the nation! What a wonderful flagship to anchor the educational community in Odessa - well done, Odessa College!

In closing, if you haven’t visited the campus of Odessa College recently, I invite you to do so. Take in the thriving educational environment, admire the spectacular new buildings, attend a sporting event, feel the pride of the staff and students, and see the faces that represent the future of Odessa. The rising star of Odessa College is indeed shining bright! 

Blessings,

Mara Barham

President, Odessa College Foundation Board

OC FOUNDATION DIRECTOR LIST 2018

Mara Barham (President)

Royce Bodiford
David Boutin
Jim Breaux
Buddy Coke
Phil George
Renee’ Henderson Earls
Joe Hurt