New Students -
Financial Aid Procedures & MORE!
- Complete the OC Application for Admissions
- Submit all official transcripts and documentation (including TAKS or GED scores, international info & vaccination records, e.g. Bacterial Meningitis info)
- The admissions office is located in the Wrangler Express Center on the 1st floor of the Saulsbury Campus Center Building or email us for more.
- Students who have attended another college or university must submit an official transcript from all colleges or universities previously attended to the Admissions Office. Texas Success Initiative (TSI) status must be posted on the official transcript. All transcripts must be received prior to enrollment.
- Thinking of transferring to a 4-year university? Visit theTransfer Center
- All students regardless of income should complete & submit the
FREE Application for Federal Student Aid
- Students should apply for financial aid EARLY (by April 1st for Fall)
- You will need current tax forms to complete the FAFSA
- Complete and submit an OC Scholarship Application
- The OC Foundation also has scholarships available. Click here for more.
- Student Financial Services is located on the 1st floor of the Saulsbury Campus Center Building
- Placement Scores
- If new to Odessa College, meet with a Student Success Coach to discuss your score results
- If No Placement Scores
- Complete the Texas Success Intiative Assessment (TSIA) for placement scores. The cost is $29.00
- The Testing Center is located on the 2nd floor of the Learning Resources Center.
- Students who have not satisfied all the areas of the Texas Success Initiative (Reading, Writing, Math) are required to meet with an advisor.
- All new students to Odessa College are strongly encouraged to meet with an advisor
- All first time in college students who are taking 6 or more credit hours are required to enroll in COLL 0171: Strategies for Success
- Sample degree plans are available by clicking here.
- Students undecided about a major should meet with an Student Success Coach (advisor) or click here to complete a free career assessment.
- The advising offices are located in Student Completion on the 2nd floor of the Saulsbury Campus Center Building.
|Register for Classes - (432) 335-6849
- Decide how you want to take classes: in-class, online or both.
| Online Courses
|Courses you take via the web.
|A class that meets partially
Face-to-Face & partially online.
|Accelerated (8 or 14-week) online core courses & degrees.
Students can register the following ways:
- Students must clear any holds prior to registering for classes.
- Students wishing to enroll online must be TSI exempt. Students must provide evidence [transcript(s)] showing proof of having met the pre-requisite in order to register online for certain courses. (Refer to the OC catalog for courses that require pre-requisites.)
|Payment Options - 432.335.6419 or 335-6849
- Students may pay for their classes in person r at the Wrangler Express Center located on the 1st floor of the Saulsbury Campus Center
- Students may pay online for their classes by logging in here.
- Payment options are available.
- Students should pay attention to payment deadlines.
- Students inquiring about loans, scholarships, or grants should contact the Financial Aid office at 432.335.6429 or the Wrangler Express Center at 432.335.6849.
- Students are required to use their OC email account to communicate between OC faculty and staff. To access your student email click here.
- Stop by the Wrangler Express Center to obtain your Wrangler Card.
- You'll need this to:
- Receive Financial Aid Disbursements
- Purchase food through your Meal Plan
- Check out Library Books
- Attend Athletic Events
- Access Sports Center Facilities
- Students with disabilities seeking accommodations should make an appointment with Becky Rivera-Weiss by calling her at 432.335.6861 or email her at email@example.com. Becky’s office is located in the Help Center, which can be found on the 2nd floor of the Saulsbury Campus Center Building.
- Veterans wishing to enroll for classes must contact the VA rep Gloria Rangel at 432.335.6433 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Gloria’s office is located in Student Completion, which can be found on the 2nd floor of the Campus Center Building.