Program Admission - Special Info for Out of Town Applicants
If you want to apply to our program but live
too far away to make repeated trips to Odessa College, there are
a few modifications to the application procedure that will make
it easier for you.
- Have official copies of your transcripts sent to Admissions
- Include official or unofficial copies of these transcripts in
your application file.
- Request a Transcript Evaluation, either online or by printing,
completing and mailing the form to the Office of the Registrar.
you live in the State of Texas, you can take care of state-required placement
testing at your local community
college or university.
- If you do not live in Texas, you will need to
contact the Counseling Center (432/335-6433) for help in completing
state-required testing or determining exempt status.
- Contact Odessa College Testing Center (432/335-6620), if you
wish to take the PTA Program admissions test at Odessa College.
- If traveling to Odessa College to take the test would be difficult
for you, contact the Program
Chair to find out about how to arrange a one-time, off-site
administration of the test at a college close to you.
- Have reference and volunteer hours/reference forms completed
and mailed as instructed in the
in the Application Packet.
- Complete the Application for Admission to Health Care Programs.
- Make sure your application file contains the following:
Mail your complete application file (make sure you
have a copy of everything in it to:
- Application for Admission to
Health Care Programs
- Revised PSB Health Occupations
Aptitude Exam Scores
- Copy of college transcripts
- Copy of Transcript Evaluation
Form (if available)
Physical Therapist Assistant Program
Please contact the Program Chair or other
faculty to make sure your file was received.
Wait to be contacted by the Program regarding interviews.
201 W. University Blvd.
Odessa, TX 79764