offers occupational/technical programs that focus on meeting the
workforce needs identified by national, state, and local experts. Each
of these occupational/technical programs utilizes an advisory committee
composed of experienced professional personnel.
The Advisory Committee for the
Business Leadership Department is comprised of local business and industry
representatives and has the following functions and responsibilities:
- Serve as a communication channel between the college and
- Assist in the development of programs and courses by defining
specific skill requirements, essential information, and knowledge
related to the occupational/technical field.
- Assist in the evaluation of the program by making
recommendations for changes in the curriculum to keep the program
viable and relevant.
- Assist in recruiting students and in placing qualified students
and graduates in appropriate jobs.
- Advise the college on changes in labor markets and industry
- Provide a channel for the college to inform the community of
programs available and suggest way for improving public information.