Rules and Responsibilities
Students living in on-campus housing agree to live within a community setting and abide by the student rules and responsibilities as set forth by Odessa College. As students, residents are responsible for all information and policies as outlined in both the Student Handbook and Resident Handbook of the College.
Students found in violation of College policy are subject to disciplinary action.
All students are encouraged to maintain healthy lifestyle habits and exhibit positive and mature behavior at all times. Community living can be very exciting and educationally stimulating. Please be sure to take full advantage of the many opportunities and activities that are available to you as a resident. If you have any issues or questions, please contact a member of the Housing staff.
Helpful Tips for Having a Positive On-Campus Experience
- Be sure to attend the first of the semester hall meeting so you have all the info.
- Get to know the staff early on. This may come in handy when you have issues later.
- Set boundaries. Roommates can often avoid conflicts by setting ground rules early on.
- Respect yourself and others. Kindness goes a long way.
- Date wisely. Break ups can be awkward when you live down the hall from each other.
- Carry your ID at all times. You need this to check in and out.
- Be sociable. Staying in your room all the time will not benefit you.
- Don't be afraid to say hi and meet new people. You may find a life-long friend.
- Do your laundry weekly. There is no excuse for a smelly room. You have "free" laundry.
- If you make a mistake, own it, and move on. The staff will respect your maturity.