Student Rights & Responsibilities
- I have the right to know what financial aid programs are available at OC.
- I have the right to know the deadlines (if any) for submitting application for each financial aid program.
- I have the right to know how my financial need was determined, including how various expenses in my budget are considered.
- I have the right to know the criteria used to select financial aid recipients.
- I have the right to know what resources are considered in the calculation of my awards.
- I have the right to request an explanation of the various programs in my financial aid package.
- I have the right to accept or reject all or part of the awards granted. (Substitute funds may not be available if the initial offer is rejected.)
- I must submit an application for admission and all needed transcripts to the Admission’s office.
- I must complete all forms and submit them to the appropriate office in a timely manner.
- I am responsible for reading, understanding, and retaining copies of all forms I am asked to sign.
- I must provide any additional documentation, verification information, or corrections requested by the Financial Aid Office before any funds will be disbursed.
- I must complete all information requested for full consideration and any omissions or false information may be cause for cancellation and/or repayment of fund awards.
- I am responsible for completing additional applications required for scholarships and loans by going to the Financial Aid Office or on the web page.
- I am aware that OC determines the amount and type of aid awarded. Notices of decisions are mailed to me and I am responsible for any charges that financial aid does not cover.
- I am aware that I must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress to avoid financial aid suspension. I must maintain a 2.0 overall grade point average and complete 66% of the total classes attempted.
- I am aware that if I have more attempted hours than is allowed for my major, I will not be eligible for federal aid.
- I am aware that I cannot receive a Pell grant from two schools for the same semester.
- I am responsible for understanding the consequences of not attending class.
- I am responsible for knowing the sources of financial aid which I receive and whether the aid is a loan, grant, and/or scholarship. If the aid is a loan, I must know to whom repayment is to be made and the terms of repayment.
- It is my responsibility to inform the Financial Aid Office of any change in my student or financial status. This includes, but is not limited to: change of major, change of enrollment, receipt of an off-campus scholarship, etc.
- If I have a loan it is my responsibility to complete an exit interview online prior to either dropping to a less-than-half-time enrollment status or separation from OC either by graduation or complete withdrawal.
- I am aware that if I am in default on a loan or owe a repayment of federal aid, I am ineligible for further assistance until satisfactory repayment is made.
- I must keep the Registrar's Office informed of my correct address at all times while I am enrolled in school and after graduation if loans are outstanding.